Thursday, February 14, 2013

Week Six

Reflection : Week Six

I am writing the reflection of this week very soon, In this week I have learned  practical ideas of using Technology in my classroom. This is very first time for me and I got scholarship for this course. I am amazing, that use of technology, email, internet are tremendous in EFL setting. I faced many challenges and obstacles while doing assignment and applying those ideas in my class as well.

I learned how to manage large class and role of  technology  with the help of article. I am thankful to instructor and all classmates. I would like to say that use of technology in Nepalese EFL context is must. So far as EFL classroom is concerned, teaching method is still teacher centered in most of the public school. Due to lack of sufficient amount of exposure, it is difficult for developing proficiency in English.

I like the use of Power point in the classroom, it is because it provides motivation and create collaborative learning environment as well. It will develop skill of presentation on the part of learners and teachers as well. I have created one interactive power-point and shared in Wiki.

I am working in my project, " Motivating/ Encouraging Students towards Communication". I choose this topic since my students are facing problem while sharing ideas with each other in English. I am using different web technology and links. I am facing difficult situation right due the the bitter problem of load shading. However, I am very much happy with my learners as they are very much interested in learning with use of different technology for teaching different language skills and aspects ( vocabulary and grammar). Thank you.

Thank you so much.


Maheshwor



6 comments:

  1. Hi Dear Maheshwor!!!!

    You're right. Technology is a golden key which opens all locks. Technology plays a key role in teaching as well as learning. In olden time, It was extremely hard to teach well because there were no enough technology tools for teachers. At the present moment, teachers are capable of teaching through the interactive web skill to their students nicely. Shortly, technology is very, very important for teaching and learning.

    Warm regards,
    Nazeer Ahmed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Nazeer, I do agree with your comment. Actually, we are the agent of change for making the ELT classes more technology friendly as possible.

      maheshwor

      Delete
  2. Hi Maheswor and Nazeer,
    you are right.actually we have learn many things from this week and technology plays really an important role in teaching and learning.
    jinnat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mahesh,

    6 week class became wonderful for me too. we have get many ideas form this class

    Renu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maheshwor: What is "load shading"? Is it when too much information is going over the network, and everything slows down? -Robert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robert,

    load shading, I mean to say Power cut. Here, due 12 hours power ( in this winter season), I was unable to use my technology enhanced lesson as I planned accordingly.

    thank you

    mahesh

    ReplyDelete