Sunday, February 24, 2013

Seven Week: Nice Work

Week Seven:  List of Task I have done

1. One Computer Option  


Dear Robert and all,

I have gone through web http://www.lburkhart.com/elem/strat.htm and got useful ideas for using computer in the classroom. In my class there is no use of computer. There is computer in computer lab but they are very few in number. Only those students who studied computer subject are using computer lab facility.

In my school, there is no WIFI, and internet facility. Some students have computer in their home, but majority of them have been using internet for the purpose of chatting and other social network. However, I am using my laptop in the classroom to download data related with topic to be taught. For example, while teaching biography of popular people or poet,I am using laptop in my class. By the result, students are motivated towards learning procedure.

While planning the lesson, I am using computer and I am encouraging my student to connect internet to their home as well. It has been agreed that computer is pen and paper of our time. Thus, use of computer or Computer assisted language learning system is essential in the Nepalese EFL context. This type of learning strategy will certainly help to make learners autonomous so far.

Thank you.


With Best Regard,
Maheshwor Rijal
    REPLIES (2): [ Hide Replies ]
  • FROM: Maheshwor Rijal   (02/24/13 1:16 AM PST)   [ Send a personal message to Maheshwor Rijal]
    SUBJECT: RE: Week 7: one computer option
    [Edit]

    Hi,

    Robert,

    Thank you so much for your valuable ideas and suggestion, and I often download relevant materials related with the lesson to be taught. I was the problem for me before, right now I got ideas of searching, bookmarking, etc.

    I do have been using video related with lesson, and I used speaker for maximizing the sounds.

    Besides, this I have used mobile phone and it was useful for practicing songs and rhymes. I am waiting for change because I am applying the knowledge through this web skill course.

    With Love,

    Maheshwor
  • FROM: Robert Elliott   (02/21/13 8:15 PM PST)   [ Send a personal message to Robert Elliott]
    SUBJECT: RE: Week 7: one computer option 

    Hi Maheshwor

    At first I thought you were in the "no computer classroom". But then I realized you were on the one computer classroom when you said you bring your laptop.

    Yes it is your own, but that is what I had to do many years ago. I took a risk and bought my own, and figured out how I could incorporate it into my lessons.

    That said, you have many limitations to what you can do. How about this. Can you find some speakers (they are not to expensive) you can hook into the computer for playing back pre-downloaded listening activities? You can download authentic speech, or capture radio programs off the internet at home, or download songs from youtube then bring them into class.

    You could also use an audio recorder in your computer (audacity is a free one), have students record dialogs or skits or pronunciation work, and play the audio back for the entire class. It is a great way to work on pronunciation and spoken language.

    Just a few thoughts. Can anyone think of more?

    Robert

2. Second Task: Learner Autonomy

FROM: Maheshwor Rijal   (02/20/13 11:48 PM PST)   [ Send a personal message to Maheshwor Rijal]
SUBJECT: Week: Learner Autonymy
[Reply]
Hi Robert, and everyone,

I have gone through article entitled "What is Learner Autonomy and How Can It Be Fostered?" by Dimitrios Thanasoulas, and got the very practical ideas about teaching and learning by making my classroom autonomous with the help of technology.

While going through article, I do agree with the view that learner autonomy is helpful making the children or learners more independent, by the result, this will helpful for developing critical reflection, decision making and developing awareness.

In this article, more importantly, I like the ideas of promoting learners autonomy. Self report, diaries and evaluation sheets are helpful for making learners more autonomous. While making the learners more autonomous in learning process teacher should act as facilitator, co-learner. In my classroom, my students is weak in speaking and it is due to lack of exposure of English. In my context, learners' autonomy is important, because it will help for increasing their knowledge and skills. It is useful to be self reliant language learners and to be able to communicate in terms of real life situation. Use of technology is must in the classroom so that learners will be motivated, a good users of target language both in classroom and daily life situation as well.

Thank you.

Maheshwor

Third Task: 

FROM: Maheshwor Rijal   (02/23/13 3:57 AM PST)   [ Send a personal message to Maheshwor Rijal]
SUBJECT: Week 7 Task: Wallwisher/ Padlet
[Reply]
Dear

Robert, and all friend,

This work is very interesting and useful for me.This is the first time that I  am using this ideas. Find the my web URL:

http://padlet.com/wall/5b0mkpa97l/wish/7446667

thank you.

Maheshwor

No comments:

Post a Comment