Sunday, March 10, 2013

Week Nine: Wonderful Week

Week Nine: Wonderful Time


 It has become appalling obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.
  - Albert Einstein

I learned many this regarding the use of technology in the field of education. I am happy with my students since they are using technology in getting information related with different topic. Before this course, I did not know much about the practical ideas of using technology in my classroom. Now, this web skill course has changed my horizon of thinking.

In this week,  I have submitted the project work. I learned different ideas about computer or Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL). In this week, I learned about multiple intelligence and use of web tools in language learning.

While reading about Multiple Intelligence Model, I got the useful ideas while going through the reading material about Gardner’s writing. He talks about the multiple intelligence.  Yes, students learning ability will certainly be varied because of have different level. For this, in my experience, use of technology is main aspect.  Use of different web tools for teaching different language skills and aspect (grammar and vocabulary) helps to make the learner more autonomous and self-directed towards learning procedures. Use of technology is significant way to measure students’ learning achievement by arousing the interest in the lesson to be taught.  There are different levels of students in the classroom. They learn differently because of having multiple intelligences.  For example kinesthetic learners learn by working with objects, likewise, they have good sense of balance and enjoy physical movement. 


Regarding my project, this course has given me lots of input for developing different kind of tools. As far as my experience from this course, students are very much proactive in learning since they are enthusiastic regarding the use of the computer and technology. Using technology in my classroom is difficult and challenging task. It is because we all teacher in my school are following the traditional kind of teaching and learning styles as teacher centered teaching methods, and drilling technique. The use of technological devices has made my classroom much more fun oriented. Textbook is not only the medium of instruction, that is to say, the use of technology related materials and teaching techniques energized my learner to exchange ideas with the people who speak or write English. Teaching learning is to be carried out based on communication and interactive environment. By the result, students develop a kind of confidence and self-reliance to speak in English in terms of different situations. For this purpose, the use of technology is most. 


Last but not the least, I am very much glad with our instructor Robert and dear all classmates. 



Thank you.





No comments:

Post a Comment