Sunday, March 3, 2013

PRECIOUS WEEK


Week 8: Wonderful Week: Glimpse


This week has done so much for me to make for making my classroom modern and innovative. I have built up confidence that I can make my learner smart and more critical, and autonomous as a whole.  I realized that language teaching is not possible without the use of computer and technology. Undoubtedly, there is immense value of web tools while teaching and learning language. 

I did not know much more about the use of technology and web tools   and the ideas of using them in the classroom more practically. There are many challenges to implement the project in the classroom since school management committee have not managed the computer for English the students. However, the use of laptop has helped me to motivate the learners. 

I this week I have made one class in Nice-net,The class key is 4W33H9F2, this will be helpful for discussion. 

I am was confused to use ANVILL, and later I got the useful ideas of this virtual lab. 

Now, I would like to discuss my project here: I am right busy in checking the project of my peer. This is very much productive task  

I would like to focus on my project,teaching and learning has been tradition methods such as grammar translation. "Look and remember" with the help of bilingual dictionary, as I see now, seemed to be not very effective for the learners of English language. 

I realized that communication in English is one of the most important skills for engineering students and will help them to find the job in the future. I found that technology is very crucial for developing speaking skills. I used different types web-tools 


I found that students would like to speak but they felt they lacked confidence in speaking. By the result, they think that English is very difficult for them and they become bored with learning the skills. For the purpose of motivating students towards communication, the use of different communicative activities (by using different websites and technology) in the classroom is important in the EFL classroom.

I do love teaching since it is my passion, I myself fell that I am born for teaching. This is my initial phase for developing professionalism in the field of language pedagogy. This Web skills course makes me and my students innovative for searching ideas.I have bookmarked useful website in my delicious bookmarking.

https://delicious.com/#rijalmaheshwor

Last, but not the least,  I am learning day by day  new ideas throght the use of new technology as suggested by Robert and dear all colleagues  who has been  providing precious information. I am working very hard on my project. It is challenging sometimes, I am enjoying. 

Wish you all have best of time for your project.      

1 comment:

  1. Great post, but I do have to disagree with your statement "I realized that language teaching is not possible without the use of computer and technology." I might instead say it is surely enhanced (if used well) but I wouldn't say it is required. Still, I get your point : ) -Robert

    ReplyDelete